At MotoNovo we will always keep you up to date on any changes you will see to our systems, platforms and processes.
As you know the new data protection law, GDPR, came into effect on 25 May 2018. As a data controller for the management of leads within this system your dealership will have responsibility under GDPR to ensure users of this have had the necessary GDPR training.
During the week prior to GDPR we released new functionality into this system. This will ask you to confirm that you have had the necessary GDPR training, and you will not be able to use this system until you confirm that this has happened.
In addition, a number of other new features will be launched, including:
- New reports for your finance application and CarFinanceChecker leads.
- Visual reminders of GDPR best practices and your responsibilities as a data controller.
- Data processing notices for lenders will appear in applications that you will need to show to your customer.
- The ability to delete a customer record, so you can action a customer’s right to be forgotten.
- Removal of the email tracking ability in the Self Serviced Deals feature.
- Removal of the Partial Applications report.
Support for Value Added Products
We’ve created a new option in the Settings area to enable you to set up value added products (VAPs) to use when stacking a deal. All users will be able to view the VAPs set up for your dealership, but as with finance products, you’ll only be able to make changes and create new VAPs if you’re an admin user. Our goal with the design was to give you control of your VAPs and to give you the flexibility to use the products in line with your dealership’s sales processes. For example, if you want to set up variants of FAP or warranty based on term, price or engine size, you can create multiple entries with unique names and product descriptions. Or if you prefer, you can create a simple entry with a default price to represent the VAP category in your quotes. If your dealership sells value added products, your admin user will need to set these up in the Settings area before you can add the products to your deals.